Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Verse to Live By

When I was asked by CineMeetings & Events to write about the Bible verse that would reflect best how I live my life, I immedietly jumped at the opportunity.

We have all heard many Bible verses throughout our lives, but there is often some that stick with us. One of the Bible verses that reflects my best reflects how I live my life would be Titus 2:5

Many of you all probably already know this verse by heart. It is one that I use to set a standard for my life. I reads as follows:

"Be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed".

This is a verse that is very important to me because God designed it specifically for my good. This a fol proof guide to how I should condcut myself. It also specifies what should be the primary vocation for me. It reminds me that God has provided some one in authority over me. Someone who is responsible for me. It reminds me that I do not need to look anywhere else for direction but to my husband who is fully surrender to God.

When I began to adhere to this scripture I was set free. I was made free to be the woman that God wanted me to be. My actions can cause God's word to be mocked. If I were to begin to deviate from this pre-oredainde purpose, it would not only change the course of my life, but possible that of my children and grandchildren.

I would love to see my daughters grow up and continue to cultivate these characteristics that they watched me demonstrate.

CineMeetings & Events is hosting the first-ever Theatre Church Conference in Silver Spring, MD on October 22 & 23.

Click following link to Find out more or the next link to Find out more or this last link to Find out more. Sorry for so many links but they are really trying to promote this event. It is designed to provide churches bring theatrical equipment necessary to put on cinematic events. They provide movie screens, lights, sound and even concessions equipment for church movie viewing. If your church is looking for this type of service, consider checking at their site at any of the above links.

Post?slot_id=

1 comment:

  1. My favorite verse as well. I have it taped up in a couple places around my home as a reminder.

    ReplyDelete

*Comments are moderated, and will not appear on The Wife at Home until I've approved them. Usually you'll see your comment published in under an hour, but it may take up to a day or so during evenings or over the weekend. While I am eager to facilitate civil conversation by publishing most comments, I am not inclined to publish those that strike me as offensive, vulgar, overly personal, cynical, snarky, deceptive, disrespectful, irrelevant, redundant or unnecessarily contentious. I also do not allow links to YouTube and for profit web sites or blogs.