Monday, October 27, 2008

Coping With Substance Abuse

I grew up in a family where "getting high" was popular and as a result I have experienced some things that no child should ever have to experience. Drugs and alcohol can cause people to morph into something they'd never dreamed possible. Those things that they may have once held dear, are replaced by their addiction.

If you or someone that you know is addicted to drugs or alcohol please seek help for them. Don't continue to let them suffer or those who are close to them. Contact a local substance abuse facility and find out what you can do to help.

My mother has been clean for 10 years because I cared enough to do something. She is living proof that a person can overcome their addictions. Take the steps today to support your friend or loved one overcome their addiction.

0 Wise Words:

Post a Comment

*Comments are moderated, and will not appear on The Wife at Home until I've approved them. Usually you'll see your comment published in under an hour, but it may take up to a day or so during evenings or over the weekend. While I am eager to facilitate civil conversation by publishing most comments, I am not inclined to publish those that strike me as offensive, vulgar, overly personal, cynical, snarky, deceptive, disrespectful, irrelevant, redundant or unnecessarily contentious. I also do not allow links to YouTube and for profit web sites or blogs.