Thursday, October 30, 2008

Getting Caught Up on Homekeeping

Waking up to couch full of laundry can really put a damper on my mood. I try my best to stay on top of chores but sometimes life interrupts my plans and things get thrown out of whack.

Whenever this is the case I try not to fret and implement a "clean as you go" plan. What I do is I ditch my schedule for a day and focus solely on getting the house back into tolerable order.

This laundry has been sitting here for two days. It's clean and folded but I had not had a chance to put it away. The basket is beginning to overflow since I have continued to add more clean folded clothes to it over the last two days.
I woke up this morning determined not to let another day go by with these clothes sitting on the couch. Not only did I have to clear the couch this morning, I also awoke to an untidy breakfast table. It took me all of 10 minute to get everything back into it's place.





Now that's a welcoming breakfast table.



When things get out of hand, don't fret. Take time to create a workable emergency clean-up plan that will help you to get back on track in less than 24 hours.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel. When things get messy it really effects my mood so I just ditch the schedule and focus on straightening and decluttering.

    ReplyDelete

*Comments are moderated, and will not appear on The Wife at Home until I've approved them. Usually you'll see your comment published in under an hour, but it may take up to a day or so during evenings or over the weekend. While I am eager to facilitate civil conversation by publishing most comments, I am not inclined to publish those that strike me as offensive, vulgar, overly personal, cynical, snarky, deceptive, disrespectful, irrelevant, redundant or unnecessarily contentious. I also do not allow links to YouTube and for profit web sites or blogs.