Friday, October 3, 2008

I Think I'm Getting Old

I am a big fan of games especially trivia and word games. "Jeopardy" and "Wheel of Fortune" happen to be my two favorite television game shows. I have tried to amuse myself with some of the game shows of the day but have been unable to see the relevance in games such as "Hole in the Wall" or "Wipe Out".

I am equally dissatisfied with game shows such as "Deal or No Deal" and "Opportunity Knocks". I do however have a fondness for "Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader". It amazes me how I can get answer correct on "Jeopardy" yet be at a total loss trying to answer fifth grade questions.

No matter what games you like as we age we must take time to continue striving to learn new things. We must endeavor to sharpen our minds, bodies and spirits. Learning does not end with formal education, that is just the beginning of our life long journey towards education.

I have found that words are beginning to slip away from me. I am not quite sure if it's a result of being distracted or simply memory loss. I find myself fishing for the right word to use but at times just cannot grasp it.

I make plans each year to learn something new and to do something to sharpen old skills. Today I am including a game that I found at ReadersDigest.com Widgets. It's a word game. I'm going to take a moment today to analyze my vocabulary and word power. I would love for you to play as well.

Let me know how you did by leaving a comment regarding your results. Let me know if you did better than you expected, worse or otherwise.

This widget and many others like Funny Cartoons and Stand-up Videos at RD Laughs Main

Have a blessed and productive weekend.


Post?slot_id=

2 comments:

  1. My first score was a 705/1275

    It's a bit addictive because I kept playing :)

    My most recent score was 770

    ReplyDelete

*Comments are moderated, and will not appear on The Wife at Home until I've approved them. Usually you'll see your comment published in under an hour, but it may take up to a day or so during evenings or over the weekend. While I am eager to facilitate civil conversation by publishing most comments, I am not inclined to publish those that strike me as offensive, vulgar, overly personal, cynical, snarky, deceptive, disrespectful, irrelevant, redundant or unnecessarily contentious. I also do not allow links to YouTube and for profit web sites or blogs.