Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Fried Green Tomatoes

I went out into the garden today and picked a fresh Dahlia for the my children's table in the kitchen. It was also time to bring in those beautiful unripened green tomatoes.

The Basil has begun to flower. I decided to try and dry my own Basil seed this year. These are the fresh seeds. I'll just tuck them into a brown paper bag and let them dry for a few weeks.

All of the parsley has been rinsed, dried and bagged. This will be tucked away in the freezer for use this winter.

Now on to the best part...making fried green tomato. I found this recipe on Sarah's blog Sarah’s Cucina Bella (dot) com. Below are my pictures, but for the actual recipe click on Sarah's link. Thanks Sarah, they were delicious.








Umm. Ummm. Ummm. Delicious.


May the Lord bless you with a wonderful week.

2 comments:

  1. These look delicious. Thanks for the link, I've been wanting to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought of making my own basil seeds!! What a great idea!! I am going to have to try this next year:-)

    ReplyDelete

*Comments are moderated, and will not appear on The Wife at Home until I've approved them. Usually you'll see your comment published in under an hour, but it may take up to a day or so during evenings or over the weekend. While I am eager to facilitate civil conversation by publishing most comments, I am not inclined to publish those that strike me as offensive, vulgar, overly personal, cynical, snarky, deceptive, disrespectful, irrelevant, redundant or unnecessarily contentious. I also do not allow links to YouTube and for profit web sites or blogs.