Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Importance of Bible Stories

One of my favorite Bible stories is the story of David and Goliath. This story is especially important to me know as I deal with all of the challenges of this legal dispute regarding a used car that I purchased.

Many times while trying to deal with the car dealership I have felt myself becoming angry and frustrated, yet at times defeated. Like David, I must face a situation that appears to be bigger and stronger than me. However, David believed that God would cause him to be victorious.

This problem that I have been dealing with is like a giant tormenting us. Just when we think that all will be settled another problem springs up. Nevertheless, I know that God is on my side. I know that what he did for David, He did for me. God has prepared me to fight this battle. Just when I think that I am about to lose my patience with the next person from the DMV that tells me that I owe $100 in fines for not returning the tags from the car, I remember that God has been preparing me my whole adult life to persevere with long suffering and patience.

I think about how small David was and how powerless the people must have felt. No matter how powerless I feel regarding this situation, I know that I serve a POWERFUL GOD. He will fight my battles and the result will be victory.

Bible stories are important to our lives in that God has provided the to use as guidance and inspiration. Children are able to see the Bible stories come to life when they are set to movies and plays. That why when I learned that Cinemedia & Events and most sophisticated theaters such as AMC Theaters, Regal Cinemas and United Artist Theaters, I thought what a great opportunity to spread Gods message of salvation on the big screen. Cinemedia & Events are working closely with churches and theaters to in order to provide the equipment necessary to bring Gods message to the stage and big screen. You can they can Find out more about what they are doing by visiting their site. You can also Find out more about Bible stories and Theatre Church when CineMeetings & Events brings the first-ever Theatre Church Conference in Silver Spring, MD on October 22 & 23.


To Find out more about the story of David and Goliath read 1 Samuel 17:1-58.


I would love for you to share your favorite Bible Story and possibly why that story is important to you.

Post?slot_id=

0 Wise Words:

Post a Comment

*Comments are moderated, and will not appear on The Wife at Home until I've approved them. Usually you'll see your comment published in under an hour, but it may take up to a day or so during evenings or over the weekend. While I am eager to facilitate civil conversation by publishing most comments, I am not inclined to publish those that strike me as offensive, vulgar, overly personal, cynical, snarky, deceptive, disrespectful, irrelevant, redundant or unnecessarily contentious. I also do not allow links to YouTube and for profit web sites or blogs.