Friday, October 3, 2008

Make it Yourself

Today I am sharing some tips for saving money first up:

Find a way to make it your self.

Instead of purchasing a chalkboard or white board for messages, just use a plate and dry erase marker. Messages wipe off easily. The plate can be switched out from time to time to add something new to your kitchen.





Cook from Scratch.

If you don't learn how to bake anything else learn to bake bread. This saves so much money. The cost of hoagie rolls, loaves of bread and biscuits can add up. In addition there's nothing like the taste of fresh baked bread.

Finally, learn how to make your own desserts. I find that it much cheaper for me to buy all of the basic ingredients for desserts, such as flour, cocoa, sugar, butter, eggs, milk, baking powder and baking soda. With these basic ingredients you can make over 10 different desserts that I know of.

Have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Very, very cute idea with the plate! I'm going to try that. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

*Comments are moderated, and will not appear on The Wife at Home until I've approved them. Usually you'll see your comment published in under an hour, but it may take up to a day or so during evenings or over the weekend. While I am eager to facilitate civil conversation by publishing most comments, I am not inclined to publish those that strike me as offensive, vulgar, overly personal, cynical, snarky, deceptive, disrespectful, irrelevant, redundant or unnecessarily contentious. I also do not allow links to YouTube and for profit web sites or blogs.