Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Website Monitoring

When I first began my blogs "A Day in the Life Of..." and "The Wife at Home" network monitoring was one of the last things on my mind. However when I became serious about building my reader base, I learned that knowing what's going on with every aspect of your blog is a very crucial component to building a successful website.

I knew what I wanted to write about when I began blogging but was not sure if anyone wanted to hear about it. I began website monitoring in an attempt to learn what was working and what was not, I was able to fine tune my topics.

Website monitoring services help me to determine what days I have the most visitors, so that I can plan very important posts for those days. I can even track the time of day when my visitor count is highest. By monitoring your blog you can see if your blog is reaching national or even international readers.

If your blog readership is not growing, load testing may be the solution you need. Knowing what is going on behind the scenes of your blog will really help you fine tune your niche.

There are many free and for fee services to help you gain a better perspective in managing your blog. If nothing else, it is just plain fun to see what's going on with your blog when you're offline.

1 comment:

*Comments are moderated, and will not appear on The Wife at Home until I've approved them. Usually you'll see your comment published in under an hour, but it may take up to a day or so during evenings or over the weekend. While I am eager to facilitate civil conversation by publishing most comments, I am not inclined to publish those that strike me as offensive, vulgar, overly personal, cynical, snarky, deceptive, disrespectful, irrelevant, redundant or unnecessarily contentious. I also do not allow links to YouTube and for profit web sites or blogs.