Friday, January 23, 2009

Rejoice...

Philippians 4:4
Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.

It's 6:15 a.m. and I am dressed and the children are eating breakfast. I have been up since 5:15 a.m. and have used that time to read Ruth 1:1, shower, put on make-up and brush my teeth.

The van is warmed and is in good working condition...Praise God! If you know anything about my van, you'll know that after paying it off in August 2008 it was diagnosed with a terminal illness and was sentenced to the grave.

In September 2008, we were told that the van would not make it through the winter; however...God is faithful and He keeps His promises.

God has truly been good to us. That is just one of the many things that I rejoice about this morning. As we go about our day let us remember that it is in God that we put our trust.

Isaiah 54:17
No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

Genesis 50:20
But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I am so glad to hear that your van is still up and running well. God truly is good and provides for us. We just got a wonderful provision, we were able to rent a 3BR unit in our current apartment complex for just a bit more than we are paying now and so we won't need to move farther away. Financially this will really help us a lot. God truly does keep His word to provide for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. go see my blog- i have an award for you!

    ReplyDelete

*Comments are moderated, and will not appear on The Wife at Home until I've approved them. Usually you'll see your comment published in under an hour, but it may take up to a day or so during evenings or over the weekend. While I am eager to facilitate civil conversation by publishing most comments, I am not inclined to publish those that strike me as offensive, vulgar, overly personal, cynical, snarky, deceptive, disrespectful, irrelevant, redundant or unnecessarily contentious. I also do not allow links to YouTube and for profit web sites or blogs.