Thursday, January 1, 2009

Goals for 2009

Below is a list of some of my goals for 2009 in order of importance.

Spiritual/Personal Goals:


Read my Bible Everyday
This is so easy to do when I am homeschooling. Incorporating it into my lesson plan keeps me accountable and consistent.

Bible Study
Continue in Proverbs 31, Colossians 3, Titus 2 and Psalms

Develop the discipline to to pass up a deal.
To many trips to the store during the week adds additional wear and tear on our (only) vehicle.

Determine set work hours for freelance assignments

Determine new computer/blogging time frames
I have been wasting way too much time on the computer lately

Choose two-four reliable sources for weekly deals
I spend way too much time researching every available deal option

Commit to going to the gym again 2 days a week with my family
I always fall off of the band wagon when it gets cold out. This will be an easy goal since I enjoy working out with my family. In addition, I received some cute new gym clothes and sneakers for Christmas



Homeschool Goals:


Get 9th grader registered for virtual public school
She was accepted to our state virtual high school. Yippee! Re-learning Algebra was killing me.

Begin working on Lesson plan for the children in May 2009
K-5
2nd grader
4th grader

Get all three computers serviced and in working order



Homemaking Goals:

Crochet Dishclothes for 2009 Gifts


Decide on two-four main sources for finding shopping deals

Narrow my shopping route down to 2 grocery stores and 2 drug stores
Kroger, Publix, CVS & Rite Aid (Done)

Begin gardening in March 2009
veggies and flowers

Repaint all bedrooms

budget for paint, primer and brushes $130.oo

Donate clothes and food Quarterly
Salvation Army, GoodWill, Hannah's House, Church food pantry

Redo diningroom floors
Budget: (TBD)

Purchase a Dining Room Table
Budget: $300 (Craigslist)


Financial Goals:


Get Emergency Fund Fully Funded
~PLAN~
Increase savings funding from 50% of (my) income to 70%
70% Emergency Fund ~*~ 10% Tithe~*~ 10% / 10% me & hubby's pocket money

Begin keeping a detailed record of spending vs. savings in 2009 while using coupons, rebates and ECB's

1 comment:

  1. I love "develop the discipline to pass up a deal". That's a good one!

    ReplyDelete

*Comments are moderated, and will not appear on The Wife at Home until I've approved them. Usually you'll see your comment published in under an hour, but it may take up to a day or so during evenings or over the weekend. While I am eager to facilitate civil conversation by publishing most comments, I am not inclined to publish those that strike me as offensive, vulgar, overly personal, cynical, snarky, deceptive, disrespectful, irrelevant, redundant or unnecessarily contentious. I also do not allow links to YouTube and for profit web sites or blogs.