Monday, September 29, 2008

Helen Roseveare: Faithful in Loss

Continuing our reading of "Faithful Women and Their Extraordinary God", I must say that I am truly encouraged. Reading about Esther Ahn Kim and her faith despite her fears was an awesome reminder for me of what is truly important in this life.

This week we will begin reading about the life of Helen Roseveare. The story of her life begins on page 141. If you are new to the book club and would like to join us for this weeks reading, click here to view the book for free.

I believe that we are in for a pleasant surprise in this chapter. Many times it's hard to fathom going on after the loss of a loved one. Let us look at some lessons from our reading that can hopefully encourage us in our own time of loss.

0 Wise Words:

Post a Comment

*Comments are moderated, and will not appear on The Wife at Home until I've approved them. Usually you'll see your comment published in under an hour, but it may take up to a day or so during evenings or over the weekend. While I am eager to facilitate civil conversation by publishing most comments, I am not inclined to publish those that strike me as offensive, vulgar, overly personal, cynical, snarky, deceptive, disrespectful, irrelevant, redundant or unnecessarily contentious. I also do not allow links to YouTube and for profit web sites or blogs.