Monday, December 22, 2008

Dinner's in the Freezer

I have been freezer cooking for going on a year now and I wouldn't have it any other way. Remember last week when I found a shank portion ham on sale for $0.59 a lb?

Well I baked it in the oven and sliced and diced it into dinner sized portions. The diced ham will be used throughout January for ham fried rice and diced ham with salad.

The sliced portions will be used for ham and egg biscuits and dinner meals such as Sliced honey baked ham, steamed rice and black eyed peas.

The bone from the ham was the perfect resource for seasoning the beans.




Steamed Rice


Black Eyed Peas


Dinner will be cooked before 8 A.M.

Thanks for stopping by. If you like what you've read here...please consider subscribing in a reader. My blog is updated several times a week.

1 comment:

*Comments are moderated, and will not appear on The Wife at Home until I've approved them. Usually you'll see your comment published in under an hour, but it may take up to a day or so during evenings or over the weekend. While I am eager to facilitate civil conversation by publishing most comments, I am not inclined to publish those that strike me as offensive, vulgar, overly personal, cynical, snarky, deceptive, disrespectful, irrelevant, redundant or unnecessarily contentious. I also do not allow links to YouTube and for profit web sites or blogs.