Friday, February 6, 2009

Thank Goodness It's Friday

The term TGIF was started in the United States, and has become a common expression of relief at the end of the work week. The acronym carries with it an anticipation of relaxation or rejuvenation over the weekend.

The phrase is also also associated with the promise of freedom from work and the liberty to play. For me there will be no playing this weekend just relaxing and rejuvenation.

My husband has lost one of his A.M. work routes and has resorted to working later into the night at his part-time job. Although he tells me to go to bed, I wait up for him to get in from work. I just can't seem to allow myself to sleep until he returns home.

I am an early bird in terms of bedtimes, therefore I must implement tactics to keep myself awake until he arrives. I do things such as use the computer, organize coupons and drink caffeinated tea. All this in an effort to allow his face to be the last image I see before I close my eyes.

I don't know...I'm just sentimental like that. Some would call me a "sentimental fool", which indicates that one is influenced more by emotion than reason; acting from feeling rather than from practical motives.

This description fits me to the tee. It is more practical for me to go to bed at a reasonable time so that I am not waking up tired and ending my weeks exhausted. Logically this is the wise thing to do...now if only I'd do it.

Starting Monday I will return to my normal bedtime. It will be better for me and for my family, seeing as though no one enjoys a grumpy, sleep deprived wife or mother.

Everyone, please enjoy your weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I am the same way. If my hubby gets a call out in the middle of the night and I it wakes me, I can't go back to sleep until he gets back home.

    BTW, I am unable to comment on your other blog. When I click "Post A Comment" it just refreshed the same page and doesn't give me the comment box.

    Enjoy your weekend and get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful blog! And I love the old postcard!

    ReplyDelete

*Comments are moderated, and will not appear on The Wife at Home until I've approved them. Usually you'll see your comment published in under an hour, but it may take up to a day or so during evenings or over the weekend. While I am eager to facilitate civil conversation by publishing most comments, I am not inclined to publish those that strike me as offensive, vulgar, overly personal, cynical, snarky, deceptive, disrespectful, irrelevant, redundant or unnecessarily contentious. I also do not allow links to YouTube and for profit web sites or blogs.