Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Spaghetti for Dinner

Let start with the sides.
Cheese filled crescent rolls.
For dessert walnut and double chocolate brownies


My spaghetti sauce must begin with beautiful spinach form the garden....
Just kidding...frozen is fine

Toss about a cup of frozen spinach into the blender.
Next, one jar of spaghetti sauce.
Yummy

Now add 1 tablespoonful of ....
and 1 can of....

You can add you favorite seasoning here. I like to add garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Sometimes crushed red pepper or Parmesan cheese.
Using a 1 cup measure...
get some of this...yes the pasta cooking liquid and pour it in the blender. Set an additinal cup aside.
Pre-cooked ground meat already cooked as part as my freezer cooking routine makes this meal a super time saver.
(more about that at a later date)
Reheat

Blend everything on puree or low setting.

I like to still be able to identify the spinach. When I first began making this sauce I would puree until the spinach turend the sauce green. Either way taste great.

Drain the noodles. Add the meat noodles and sauce to a large pot. Mix well and serve. You could also omit the mixing of the meat, pasta and sauce and simply serve the sauce over the meat and noodles.

Served with bread and dessert.
The perfect kids meal without the toy.



1 comment:

  1. I love your step by step picture instructions!

    I am going to have to try this - I've never heard of spinach spaghetti sauce before and I am always looking for ways to sneak veggies into the kid's meals.

    ReplyDelete

*Comments are moderated, and will not appear on The Wife at Home until I've approved them. Usually you'll see your comment published in under an hour, but it may take up to a day or so during evenings or over the weekend. While I am eager to facilitate civil conversation by publishing most comments, I am not inclined to publish those that strike me as offensive, vulgar, overly personal, cynical, snarky, deceptive, disrespectful, irrelevant, redundant or unnecessarily contentious. I also do not allow links to YouTube and for profit web sites or blogs.