Wednesday, February 4, 2009

School Dayz

I am so...ready for the school year to end. I am counting down the days until my two middle children are back at home for their education.

They wanted to go to public school this year, and we allowed them to do so, however; they are very desirous to be back at home.

My 15 year old is really enjoying ilearning/virtual school. I am as well. We have the access to highly educated teaching professionals in addition to the benefits of our home environment.

Next school year I will have three elementary aged students and a 10th grader to educate. Knowing that I have the resources available to properly educate all of my children without having to sacrifice learning opportunities is such a relief.

My 5 year old will be an official kinder gardener next year. We are so amazed to see him reading, writing and spelling. I believe that he was our earliest reader, beginning to sound out words at age four. I am so excited to see what this next school year holds for our family.

I am considering using Connections Academy for my 2nd-4th grader. Does anyone have experience with them? I'd love for you to share.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to read that your kids will be home again. I remember when you wrote about the end of home schooling and you seemed sad about it. I am so glad they will be home again and I can sense your joy about that too!

    ReplyDelete

*Comments are moderated, and will not appear on The Wife at Home until I've approved them. Usually you'll see your comment published in under an hour, but it may take up to a day or so during evenings or over the weekend. While I am eager to facilitate civil conversation by publishing most comments, I am not inclined to publish those that strike me as offensive, vulgar, overly personal, cynical, snarky, deceptive, disrespectful, irrelevant, redundant or unnecessarily contentious. I also do not allow links to YouTube and for profit web sites or blogs.