Sunday, November 22, 2009

Mary or Martha?

With the holiday season fast approaching some of you may be beginning to feel the pressure to make everything perfect before Thursday arrives. Let us bring to remembrance the lesson of Mary and Martha.

You know the story right? Mary and Martha have Jesus into their home. Martha fusses around making food and cleaning while Mary sits with the guests. Pretty soon Martha is upset with Mary and tells Jesus to tell Mary she had better get up and help.

How surprised was Martha when Jesus told her that Mary had chosen what was right.

In an effort to plan and host the perfect gathering this year, keep in mind what's improtant this holiday season. I will be sharing my home and food with my guests this season, but more importnatly I will remember to share my time.

0 Wise Words:

Post a Comment

*Comments are moderated, and will not appear on The Wife at Home until I've approved them. Usually you'll see your comment published in under an hour, but it may take up to a day or so during evenings or over the weekend. While I am eager to facilitate civil conversation by publishing most comments, I am not inclined to publish those that strike me as offensive, vulgar, overly personal, cynical, snarky, deceptive, disrespectful, irrelevant, redundant or unnecessarily contentious. I also do not allow links to YouTube and for profit web sites or blogs.