Monday, August 24, 2009

Taking the Leap

I am a huge fan of Blogger.com and many of the other free sites available. I have been using blogger for over two years now. However, I realize that in order for my two blogs to have the capability to offer my readers the functionality that I am looking for, I will need to switch to a website hosting company.

Some hosting companies offer very basic services such as standard web hosting where you don't get any technical help, and others offer everything from web design to dedicated server hosting.

I really do not know much about the html. and template codes so I will need a reliable host to be able to offer easy to use templates at a reasonable price. There are many site who offer referrals to some of the best web hosting services but I really like the functionality of WebHostingGeeks.com

The list that the site provides is very informative. Each of the listings include information such as the name of the host company, their ranking and pricing. I never expected for my blog to become a resource for information but now that it is I'd like to make sure that the information is stored somewhere other than blogger and my hard drive.

Many of the pricing plans are very reasonable. Prices range from $1.99 up to $12.95 for web hosting. These are price ranges for hosts who were ranked in the top ten. I would like to merge this blog with A Proverbs Wife sometime down the line, but in order to do so I will need much more functionality that what is offered for FREE through blogger.

I am prayerfully considering the direction that God wants to take both of my blogs and patiently waiting to see how it all come together in a final package.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy your blog as it is, but completely understand the need to go to another level. You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete

*Comments are moderated, and will not appear on The Wife at Home until I've approved them. Usually you'll see your comment published in under an hour, but it may take up to a day or so during evenings or over the weekend. While I am eager to facilitate civil conversation by publishing most comments, I am not inclined to publish those that strike me as offensive, vulgar, overly personal, cynical, snarky, deceptive, disrespectful, irrelevant, redundant or unnecessarily contentious. I also do not allow links to YouTube and for profit web sites or blogs.