Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Blogger Book Club Guidelines

For those who are reading with us for the first time, allow me to explain what the club is and how it works.

A "Blogger Book Club" is when blog friends get together and read the same book for a specified period of time. I begin by choosing a book that can be accessed free of charge on-line. After the book is chosen I will keep a link to the book posted my left sidebar so that you can access from here.


Each Monday I will post a reading plan, which will indicate what chapters we will read for that week. On the following Friday I will post discussion questions here on this site. The questions will pertain to the weeks reading. At that time you can post a response to the question on your blog or here on my blog. For those who decide to respond on their own blogs, please leave a link to your posts url in your comment so that all of the readers view your response. If you decide not to answer the weekly question/s, you can just leave a comment.

Anyone in the book club can respond to the question/s.

Book club question will be listed every Friday and will look like this:

Example Book Club Questions:

1. (Name of Book) has given us a few perspectives on simple living, please share your ideas on simplicity?

2. What might be some of the benefits of living a simpler life?

Example Book Club Comments:

Sarah said: This is in response to question #1- One of my goals for this year is to live a more simpler life. What I have done is gotten rid of all but one of our televisions. We now only have one in the family room, so instead of every one heading to there rooms and watch T.V. we watch it together in the family room.

Rita said: Question 2- Peace of mind.

Sue said: I am enjoying the book club. I have met so many great new people.

A link to the book can always be found on my sidebar. Finally, please consider creating a short post with a link to this site regarding the 'Blogger Book Club'. Thanks for joining and happy reading.

0 Wise Words:

Post a Comment

*Comments are moderated, and will not appear on The Wife at Home until I've approved them. Usually you'll see your comment published in under an hour, but it may take up to a day or so during evenings or over the weekend. While I am eager to facilitate civil conversation by publishing most comments, I am not inclined to publish those that strike me as offensive, vulgar, overly personal, cynical, snarky, deceptive, disrespectful, irrelevant, redundant or unnecessarily contentious. I also do not allow links to YouTube and for profit web sites or blogs.